Location: Nashville, TN
Position Type: Apartment Community (Service Maintenance)
The successful candidate will report to the Property Manager and Regional.
Position will involve a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Service Manager or Resident Manager.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain grounds and Pool/Spa (if applicable) of property
- Physically walk the property daily and remove litter and debris from the grounds.
- Maintain dumpster areas, including picking-up trash left outside dumpster, cleaning, and sweeping the area.
- Sweep and clean around breezeways, front office porch, parking areas, and maintenance or supply rooms.
- Operate lawn and garden equipment, such as lawn mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, and/or hedge trimmers to maintain shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, etc.
- Ensure that flower beds are mulched and free of trash and debris.
- Clean and rake shrub and flower bed areas. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Water lawn, flower beds, and shrubs sufficiently (as advised by the landscapers, if applicable).
- Shovel, de-ice, and/or remove snow and ice from walkways, sidewalks, parking lots, etc. as required.
- Sweep pool/spa area and arrange pool furniture. Empty pool/spa area trash cans.
- Clean pool/spa daily during season.
- Test and maintain correct level of pool/spa chemicals.
- Inform Service Manager or Resident Manager of mechanical or structural problems with pool/spa.
- May plant and maintain grass, shrubs, flowers and trees using gardening tools.
- May perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required, including sharpening tools such as shears.
- Complete general preventative and corrective maintenance and help maintain property safety as directed by the service manager
- Be aware of all emergency cutoffs.
- Maintain a schedule of periodic/preventative maintenance for the property.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks in an effort to avoid replacement costs.
- Be aware of the condition of the property and immediately notify Service Manager of or correct unsafe conditions, i.e. erosion, etc.
- Inform Service Manager of all areas where the property is operating below Company standards or property’s potential.
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction.
- Assist the Service Manager in adhering to budget and maintaining inventory
- Periodically inventory supplies, and request manager to purchase supplies as needed.
- Obtain Service Manager approval on any expenditures that exceed budget.
- Monitor and control overtime worked.
- Ensure that the property is physically operated to Company standards while in conformance with the annual operating budget.
Desired Skills or Experience
- Proficient with various hand and power tools
- Experience with lawn care/landscaping
- Ability to lift over 100 lbs
- Exterior painting skills
- Pool cleaning and maintenance experience
- Safety conscience
- Steady and dependable
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
No prior experience necessary will train the rite candidate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVEL
Heavy to extensive physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
Constant exposure (66-100% of time) to outdoor weather conditions. Frequent exposure (33-66% of time) to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration. Occasional exposure (1-33% of time) to risk of electrical shock, work in high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic materials. Loud to very loud noise level.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPENSATION PACKAGE OFFERED INCLUDING
- Great Commission and Bonus Structure
- Continuous Training
- Supplemental Insurance with Colonial Life
- CHRES BUCKS Incentive REWARDS