Location: Jacksonville, FL
Position Type: Apartment Community (Office)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but not limited to the following
- This position is responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for multi-states as well as responsible for HR administrative tasks.
- Analyzes a variety of payroll related information (e.g., timesheets, wage garnishments, 401K, and withholding tax exemption certificates, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds of payroll.
- Occasionally on-boards new employee records which include verifying employees are set up in the appropriate tax location to ensure accuracy of all payroll tax deductions.
- Assist with maintaining employees’ master data in PR/HR system by analyzing and processing employee Personnel Action Forms (PAF’s) for organization or approving workflow requests in PR/HR system, including status changes, rate changes, terminations, additional other pay rates or duties, leaves of absence, and transfers.
- Reviews payroll data such as hours worked and employee absences from time sheets and other records within the PR/HR time management system.
- Secures and ensures proper approvals are in place for additional wage payments such as bonuses and additional incentives,
- Processes requests from company locations or HR for manual payroll checks/payments as needed for terminations, corrections, and missed payments, following all established procedures/practices for recording, storing, and reporting. Ensures stop payments or reversals are in place prior to reissue of incorrect pay amounts.
- Prepares and processes garnishments including response to agencies as needed, verifying garnishment amounts and prioritizing as needed and per established laws, setting up deduction into PR/HR system, sending proper notifications to all necessary parties and preparing/maintaining garnishment file for employee.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g., W-4 forms, timesheets, PTO, direct deposit requirements, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy.
- Assists employees in establishing and resetting passwords to the PR/HR system to access online pay stubs and personal information.
- Assists Human Resources Director in keeping payroll procedures up to date.
- Ability to practice an important level of confidentiality.
- Help facilitate our annual open enrollment.
- Payroll reporting and reconciliation (i.e., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- One to three years of payroll or finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fundamental Payroll certification (FPC) would be a plus along with previous payroll knowledge.
- Accounting experience in reconciliation and payroll knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, preferably excel.
- Inova/UKG experience.
- Task oriented
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of reporting/analytical experience.
- Familiarity with working with federal and multi-state requirements.
- Manage time and accept changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and math skills.
- Strong organizational and people skills.
- Ability to work with the pressure of deadlines.
- Clear written and verbal communication
BENEFITS WE PROVIDE YOU:
- Competitive compensations
- Career development
- 401K Plan with Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage, Basic Life Accidental Coverage and Life.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Apartment discount program
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits with Colonial Life
- Incentive and reward programs
- Employee Assistance Program