Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Report directly to Service Manager and Community Manager.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Internal contacts include on-site personnel, Regional staff, and corporate home office(training, personnel, etc.).
- External contacts include residents, vendors and prospects.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Service Technician/Make-Ready is responsible for preparing vacant units for occupancy and performing repairs and preventative maintenance in the apartment community as directed by the Service Manager and/or Resident Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the Service Manager in Maintaining a Positive Staff Attitude
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Service Manager or Resident Manager.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform Maintenance Required for Move-In/Market-Ready
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy and make market-ready utilizing the Apartment Checklist form. Ensure that all vacant units are market-ready for occupancy in a timely manner and that they conform to Company standards.
- Inspect and complete repairs on the following on a daily basis: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and heating systems, appliances, flooring, windows and window treatments, roofing, guttering, fireplaces, ceiling fans, walls and ceilings, locks, stairs, railing, and any other physical structures as needed.
- Inform Service Manager of any repair work needing an outside contractor or replacements of any major appliances necessary.
- Complete General Preventative and Corrective Maintenance and Help Maintain Property Safety as directed by the Service Manager
- Perform any necessary maintenance in the office, clubhouse, models, pools, etc. or to roofs, gutters, or any other physical structures on the property as needed.
- Be aware of all emergency cutoffs.
- Maintain a schedule of periodic/preventative maintenance for the property.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks in an effort to avoid replacement costs.
- Be aware of the condition of the property and immediately notify Service Manager of or correct unsafe conditions, i.e. broken steps, burned out lights, etc.
- Inform Service Manager of all areas where the property is operating below Company standards or property’s potential.
- Complete Resident Service Requests
- Pick up daily service requests from Service Manager or Resident Manager and prioritize according to urgency.
- Complete service requests in occupied units in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Be alert to any other potential problems in occupied units (fix if small, or report to manager).
- Leave a completed work order form or a note in all apartments entered.
- Clean up any debris caused by maintenance work. Do not use personal items belonging to resident for cleanup.
- Record time spent in each unit on the service request.
- Respond to and complete after-hours service requests during the scheduled on-call period.
- Maintain High Levels of Resident Satisfaction(Insure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints)
- Promote harmonious relations among residents.
- Regularly seek to understand and anticipate a resident’s needs.
- Ensure that service requests are attended to in a timely and efficient manner and that corrective action is done as soon as possible.
- Insure that residents are provided with clean, safe and well-maintained homes.
- Assist the Service Manager in Adhering to Budget and Maintaining Inventory
- Periodically inventory supplies, and request manager to purchase supplies as needed.
- Obtain Service Manager approval on any expenditures that exceed budget.
- Monitor and control overtime worked.
- Ensure that the property is physically operated to Company standards while in conformance with the annual operating budget.
Maintenance is interrelated to the total operation of the apartment community. For this reason, maintenance cannot be isolated or segregated from other property functions. Maintenance is not just “maintaining property,” but it means operating efficiently so that all areas of the community are affected in a positive manner. Maintenance is the “blanket of good will” on the property.
No supervisory responsibilities. General supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned by Service Manager, Resident Manager, or Regional Manager.
May be requested to help at other Carter-Haston properties including “on-call.”
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
One to three months related experience and/or training; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to residents, vendors, or other employees of the company.
Ability to add/subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight management, volume, and distance.