Service Manager FT/ACB
Location: SAN ANTONIO,TX
The successful candidate will report to the Property Manager and Regional.
Position will involve a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the Property Manager in Operating the property.
- Supervise and Build an Effective Management Team
- Perform Maintenance Required for Move-In/Market-Ready
- Assist the Property Manager in Developing, Implementing and Adhering to Budget
- Assist with recruiting and hiring qualified individuals for an effective service and grounds staff.
- Ensure that each staff member is trained and follows all Company and Management Policy and Procedures. Conduct orientation training of new employees and in-service training of other employees to explain company policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that staff is in uniform and that all work is done in a safe and workman-like manner.
- Instruct staff on safety standards and proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items, i.e. safety goggles, gloves, etc.
- Responsible for educating employees in, maintaining records, and ensuring compliance with EPA and OSHA laws and regulations.
- Operate as the leader of the maintenance team. Clarify expectations and establish goals for staff. Have regular staff meetings.
- Train the Service Technician or Assistant Service Supervisor (if applicable) to assume all duties of the Service Manager in the event of the Service Manager’s absence.
- Oversee and Coordinate Resident Service Requests
- Maintain High Levels of Resident Satisfaction(Insure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints)
- Investigate resident complaints concerning malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods and inspect vacated apartments to determine need for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that service requests are attended to in a timely and efficient manner and that corrective action is done as soon as possible.
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Resident Manager or Regional Manager.
- Confer with Resident Manager to identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency.
- Process and schedule service requests and initiate follow-up procedures, including calling Residents and obtaining feedback regarding the maintenance Process all completion records.
- Assist with gathering information for periodic reports.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property.
- Coordinate services, such as trash collection, extermination, or carpet cleaning.
- Record data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepare periodic reports.
- Ensure compliance with federal laws regarding Equal Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity, and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee general preventative and corrective maintenance and safety of physical property.
- Diagnose and arrange for repair the following on a daily basis: electrical, plumbing, HVAC and heating systems, appliances, flooring, windows and window treatments, roofing, guttering, fireplaces, ceiling fans, walls and ceilings, locks, stairs, railing, and any other physical structures on the property as needed.
- Perform or coordinate any necessary maintenance in the office, clubhouse, models, pools, etc.
- Be alert to physical problems seen in the course of work and notify the Resident Manager of any repair work needing an outside contractor.
- Perform or coordinate any necessary maintenance to the exterior of property.
- Identify and inform staff of all emergency cutoffs, and prepare map indicating the same.
- Work with vendors when necessary on special maintenance projects.
- Implement all Emergency Procedures (i.e., sewer back-ups, burst pipes, fires, etc.) in conjunction with the Resident Manager.
- Maintain a schedule of periodic/preventative maintenance for the property.
- Schedule and perform corrective maintenance tasks in an effort to avoid replacement costs.
- Review catalogs and other reference materials to select and recommend new supplies and maintenance methods to improve property operations.
- Direct workers engaged in grounds maintenance activities, ensuring that the curb appeal of the property is maximized. Ensure that the property is clean and free of debris.
- Be aware of the condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions, i.e. broken steps, burned out lights, etc.
- Inform Property Manager of all areas where the property is operating below Company standards or property’s potential.
- Maintain all service records and the care of all equipment.
- Maintain and control all mechanical, automotive equipment, and tools used by the maintenance department.
- Ensure that all units are inspected annually and that outstanding maintenance items are addressed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
One to three years related experience working in a multi-unit community and/or Bachelor degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Supervisory or management experience
- Train, coach and development experience.
- Ability to create and administer appraisals.
- Ability to delegate work assignments of personnel.
Constant need (66-100% of time) to walk, and talk or hear. Frequent need (33-66% of time) to stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, and taste or smell. Occasional need (1-33% of time) to sit.
Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation. Some outdoor exposure to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPENSATION PACKAGE OFFERED INCLUDING
- Great Commission and Bonus Structure
- Continuous Training
- Leadership Conferences
- Supplemental Insurance with Colonial Life
- CHRES BUCKS Incentive REWARDS