PT Leasing Agent/SM
Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Report directly to Community Manager.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Internal contacts include on-site personnel, corporate home office(accounting, training, personnel, etc.) and accounting service.
- External contacts include residents, vendors, prospective residents, and other community contacts.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Leasing Agent is responsible for leasing units to qualified prospects in order to achieve maximum occupancy for the property, while assuring proper placement of residents within the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the Community Manager and Assistant Manager as Required
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Community Manager or Regional Manager.
- Confer with Resident Manager to identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency.
- Assist in the operation of the leasing office and computer system when required.
- May process and schedule service requests and initiate follow-up procedures, including calling Residents and obtaining feedback regarding the maintenance
- Assist with gathering information for weekly and monthly reports.
- Periodically audit lease files for accuracy.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- May organize community social activities and/or monthly newsletter.
- May conduct surveys of local rental rates and prepare market surveys quarterly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collect Rents and Security Deposits and/or Service Fees
- Collect and record rents daily.
- Report daily deposits to the Home Office.
- Collect security deposits and/or service fees from residents and record date and time of collection on the lease as well as log information into on-site management software program.
- Maintain High Levels of Resident Satisfaction(Insure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints)
- Promote harmonious relations among residents.
- Regularly seek to understand and anticipate a resident’s needs.
- Investigate resident complaints concerning malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods.
- Follow-up with residents on services performed to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Assist new residents that are moving in by notifying them of community procedures, parking, office hours, rent drop boxes, mail, etc.
- Insure that residents are provided with clean, safe and well-maintained homes.
- May resolve tenant complaints concerning other tenants or visitors.
- May organize community social activities.
- May coordinate monthly newsletter.
It is essential that the leasing agent maintains a positive attitude toward the residents and takes responsibility for resident relations. We are a service-oriented business, and our success is based upon good resident relations.
- Marketing and Leasing (Achieve targeted occupancy levels for the property)
- Assist with the marketing of the property to traffic and prospective residents.
- Process and maintain prospect traffic and marketing statistics.
- Open, inspect, and prepare the model apartment for demonstrating each day. Close the model at the end of the day.
- Maintain the lease reception area, brochures, floor plans, guest cards, convenience list, etc.
- Answer phone calls from prospective residents and make appointments to demonstrate units.
- Interview prospective residents and record information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
- Shows prospective tenants apartments and explains occupancy terms, community procedures, parking, office hours, rent drop boxes, mail, etc. Informs prospective tenants of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Send thank you cards within 24 hours of the prospect’s visit to the property. Follow up with phone calls within 72 hours.
- Verify the status of market-ready units. Determine which units are to be shown to prospective residents.
- Process and verify rental applications, and submit to Resident Manager for approval.
- Contact credit bureau to obtain credit reports on prospective tenants.
- Prepare leases with necessary exhibits and addendums for Resident and Community Manager’s signatures.
- Process lease applications and all paperwork associated with generating a resident lease file.
- Schedule new Resident move-ins and prepare the “Welcome Package.”
- Lease apartments, follow up with those who do not lease, and negotiate renewals within Management and Company Policy.
- Inspect pre-leased apartments two (2) days prior to the move-in date.
- Complete the required move-out forms and transfer the active lease file information to the dead file.
- Complete market surveys.
- Insure that a copy of the current newspaper ad or apartment guide listing is displayed in the leasing office.
- May compose newspaper advertisements.
No supervisory reponsibilities. General supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned by Community Manager or Regional Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Three to six months related experience and/or training; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, vendors, or other employees of the company.
Ability to add/subtract/multiply/divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Basic personal computer skills, including data entry, electronic mail (e-mail), word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.