Position Type: Apartment Community (Service Maintenance)
- Report directly to Service Manager and Community Manager.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Internal contacts include on-site personnel, Regional staff, and corporate home office(training, personnel, etc.).
- External contacts include residents, vendors, prospective residents, and other community contacts.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining a clean community, including grounds, pools and common areas to maintain overall curb appeal as directed by the Service Manager and/or Resident Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the Service Manager in Maintaining a Positive Staff Attitude
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Service Manager or Resident Manager.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain Grounds and Pool/Spa (if applicable) of Property
- Physically walk the property daily and remove litter and debris from the grounds.
- Maintain dumpster areas, including picking-up trash left outside dumpster, cleaning, and sweeping the area.
- Sweep and clean around breezeways, front office porch, parking areas, and maintenance or supply rooms.
- Operate lawn and garden equipment, such as lawn mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, and/or hedge trimmers to maintain shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, etc.
- Ensure that flower beds are mulched and free of trash and debris.
- Clean and rake shrub and flower bed areas. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Water lawn, flower beds, and shrubs sufficiently (as advised by the landscapers, if applicable).
- Shovel, de-ice, and/or remove snow and ice from walkways, sidewalks, parking lots, etc. as required.
- Sweep pool/spa area and arrange pool furniture. Empty pool/spa area trash cans.
- Clean pool/spa daily during season.
- Test and maintain correct level of pool/spa chemicals.
- Inform Service Manager or Resident Manager of mechanical or structural problems with pool/spa.
- May plant and maintain grass, shrubs, flowers and trees using gardening tools.
- May perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required, including sharpening tools such as shears.
- Complete General Preventative and Corrective Maintenance and Help Maintain Property Safety as directed by the Service Manager
- Be aware of all emergency cutoffs.
- Maintain a schedule of periodic/preventative maintenance for the property.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks in an effort to avoid replacement costs.
- Be aware of the condition of the property and immediately notify Service Manager of or correct unsafe conditions, i.e. erosion, etc.
- Inform Service Manager of all areas where the property is operating below Company standards or property’s potential.
- Maintain High Levels of Resident Satisfaction(Insure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints)
- Promote harmonious relations among residents.
- Regularly seek to understand and anticipate a resident’s needs.
- Ensure that service requests are attended to in a timely and efficient manner and that corrective action is done as soon as possible.
- Insure that residents are provided with clean, safe and well-maintained homes.
- Assist the Service Manager in Adhering to Budget and Maintaining Inventory
- Periodically inventory supplies, and request manager to purchase supplies as needed.
- Obtain Service Manager approval on any expenditures that exceed budget.
- Monitor and control overtime worked.
- Ensure that the property is physically operated to Company standards while in conformance with the annual operating budget.
The exterior, grounds, curbs, and driveways of the property should always appear neat and maintained, as this is a prospective resident’s first impression. Grounds and signage should be fresh, landscaped, and well-lighted. Bed areas should be edged, mulched, and free of weeds. Hallways and common areas should be uncluttered and inviting.
No supervisory responsibilities. General supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned by Service Manager, Resident Manager, or Regional Manager.
May be requested to help at other Carter-Haston properties.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
No prior experience or training necessary.
Ability to read a limited number of two-/three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and a series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add/subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight management, volume, and distance.