Location: Lebenan, TN
REPORTS TO: Property Manager, Regional Manager, Principals
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assists in Managing Apartment Community
- Reports directly to Resident Manager and Regional Manager
- Supervise all members of on-site staff in the Property Manager’s absence
- Internal contacts include on-site personnel, corporate home office (accounting, training, personnel, ect.) and accounting service.
- External contacts include residents, vendors, prospective residents, and other community contacts.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Assistant Manager should be capable of performing all the duties of the Property manager in the event of the Property Manager’s absence. The Assistance Manager is responsible for keeping accurate property records, for seeing to it that available space is leased, that the current residents are retained, and that the property is effectively maintained within budgeted parameters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management
- Review and implement all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Lead by example and share knowledge.
- Process and schedule service requests and initiate follow-up procedures, including calling residents and obtaining feedback regarding the maintenance performed.
- Prepare and submit various management reports, such as data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, occupancy, capital ect.
- May contact utility companies to arrange for transfer of service for tenants.
- May clean public areas of building and make minor repairs to equipment or appliances.
- May organize community social activities and monthly newsletter.
- May conduct surveys of local rental rates and prepare market surveys quarterly.
- Collect rents and security deposits and/or service fees.
- Post rent and other income daily.
- Follow up on NFS checks daily.
- Personally contact delinquents and daily reviewal of rental collection status.
- Prepare and submit documents for delinquent rents to Regional Manager. Follow-up and document all correspondence pertaining to legal transactions.
- Collect security deposits and/or service fees from residents according to company procedures and processes.
- Investigate resident complaints in a timely manner, proactively resolve issues with occupants and staff. Maintain a high level of resident satisfaction. Resolve complaints concerning other tenants or visitors.
- Assist new residents with moving in or out.
- Follow-up with residents on services performed and document feedback.
- May organize community social activities.
- May coordinate monthly newsletter.
- Partner with property manager and assist with marketing of property.
- Verify the status of market-ready units. Determine which units are to be shown to prospective residents.
- Process and verify rental applications.
- Prepare leases according to Company policy.
- Schedule new resident move-ins.
- Contact credit bureau to obtain credit reports on perspective tenants.
- Inspect pre-leased apartments.
- Complete the required move-out forms and comply with company policy.
- Assist or prepare market surveys.
- Perform other duties as assigned by property Manager
Provide limited supervision to Leasing or Service staff through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks. May supervise all members of on-site in the Property Manager’s absence.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of six months supervisory experience or one year certificate from college or technical school.
- INTERMEDIATE WORD and EXCEL spreadsheet experience.
- Knowledge of Outlook
- Ability to calculate commissions, percentages and prorations.
- Leasing agent or property management experience.
- Marketing experience
- Knowledge of current National Market
Regular -Approximately 40 hours per week
Other- Occasional overtime as needed